How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Family hardship on daughters part. Grandson has been living

Resolved Question:

Family hardship on daughter's part. Grandson has been living with me since school ended in May of 2009. Daughter consents to my guardianship and/or adoption of her son who is 16 years old. She is in the witness protection program and her address must remain confidential. School starts in August, 2009. Would like custody to be granted before then if possible. Which is easier and fastest, guardianship or adoption?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 8 years ago.
The easiest and fastest is to have her sign legal guardianship so she does not have to terminate her parental rights. Plus adoptions take longer than having a guardianship agreement drafted then signed by her.
legaleagle and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My problem is that her address needs to not be public information. Any way around that?
Expert:  legaleagle replied 8 years ago.
You can put your address as hers, put her address of record before she went into protective custody or put in the address blank for her, confidential. Her address does not make or break the granting of guardianship.
legaleagle and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you