How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother divorced his ex 15 years prior in California. At

Resolved Question:

My brother divorced his ex 15 years prior in California. At settlement he was instructed to pay her $1500.00 monthly, which he is still doing so today. His ex remarried approx. 14 years ago, and has always been employed.

Their two children are grown adults. Why does he still have to pay her? What are his options, if any?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.



if the divorce agreement includes alimony without sitpulation, then she will argue they agreed upon it regardless of marital status. however, if there are stipulations in the agreement or the court order that the alimony will cease upon marriage then he should file for an abatement of the payments.



Samuel II and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you