legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
4622441

I have been paying child support for a now 18 y/o daughter

I have been paying child support for a now 18 y/o daughter in Missouri. She has graduated high school and is now pregnant, although she is still planning to attend college. Would I under the law have to continue payment even under her now condition she would be considered at 18 to be an adult.
Does your support order require you to pay support until she finishes college or finishes high school?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Neither, in Missouri they have that option to extend till age 21 if they are in school
Then at this time until your ex petitions the court to extend your support obligaiton until 21, you are not obligated to pay now that she is out of high school and 18. Even with a child, if she is in college, the court will likely extend the support to 21 as long as she is being supported by her mother. But if she has her own job, lives on her own and even gets married and is in college, then it is likely you will be relieved of your obligation.