How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-wife is being charged with child endangerment of our

Resolved Question:

My ex-wife is being charged with child endangerment of our 15 year old daughter. The ex lives in Arkansas and I live in Texas. Our daughter is with me now. Is there a way I can change custody to me without hiring a lawyer?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for trusting our JA team for guidance.


You could try to do it yourself if you qualify for legal aid or the clerk of the court will give you direction where to obtain the forms you need.


You would need to register the out of state custody order in TX, then file a motion to modify the order to reflect the current custody arrangement.


The state bar association can provide you with attorney referrals, as well as information on low cost or pro bono services that may be available in your area.


Please let me know if you need additional information.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX



Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time when I have answered your question. I am available to answer follow-up questions or to clarify this answer. Positive feedback or a bonus is always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: Sometimes we receive your question before we receive your additional "optional information". If my answer does not appear to consider your optional information, please let me know as I was probably not able to view it when your question was first received.

Tina and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions