How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Coathom Your Own Question
Coathom, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19
Experience:  Familiar with divorce, property distribution, custody, and child support issues.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Coathom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in the process of being served with orders to pay child

Customer Question

I am in the process of being served with orders to pay child support. I recently received a letter in the mail regarding a proposed order for child support and in that letter it states that I have the right to object this proposed order. Does my objection need to be submitted on a legal form and does it have to be accompanied by a notarized Affidavit of Service? This is not the FINAL child support order. It is a proposed order.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Coathom replied 8 years ago.

With that letter, there should have been a "Request for Hearing" form. At this hearing you will have the opportunity to request the child support order be modified.


You may find this link helpful. There are no indications that you have to get a notarized Affidavit, but the Request for Hearing may state on the document itself that the signature must be notarized.


Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.