How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEase Your Own Question
LegalEase, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 897
Experience:  Experience in handling divorces, custody issues and child support quandries.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalEase is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im currently engaged to be married and to move out of state

Customer Question

I'm currently engaged to be married and to move out of state with my daughter are there any legal issues that might prevent me from doing this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalEase replied 8 years ago.
As long as there are no restrictions on moving the child out of state in your custody agreement, you're good to go. You are only only bound by what is in your decree.
LegalEase and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
since there was no custody hearing between my daughter's father and i will i run into issues should he decide to file for visitation down the line if i am living out of state
Expert:  LegalEase replied 8 years ago.
I apologize. If you have no custody papers or any court order in effect, then no, you cannot get in trouble for moving. If he wanted to file for custody privileges, he would need to do so in the state the child lives in, and the court would have a hearing on his fitness to have visitation, and then would institute a visitation schedule.