How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41035
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HI! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I need to know how to attain my dead

Resolved Question:

HI! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I need to know how to attain my dead mother property back ?My mother pass and left behind a house and a Quarter acre of land. In which she has 5 children including me. She passed in May 1990. When she passed my sister that is next to me told her father that he could stay in the house and keep it up. Now my sister father has passed but his son resides in the house now. But before this all happen even before my mother pass, my sister father and my mother was not together and had not been since my sister were born. Now I am in between a rock and a hard spot because My older brother went to the residence and he told him to leave. My brother father which is not my sister father,helped build this house, while they were living together. My stepfather and my mother have not lived together and was not together when the house was built. But my stepfather son lived with hi until he passed away in 2007. Please help me because I don't know what to do.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. There needs to be a dependent administration here --probate for your deceased mother. The administrator can evict anyone here and proceed to sell the property and divide it under the probate laws since mother had no will here.

The lawyer for the estate can evict anyone from the house and liquidate here. You are going to need a lawyer for the estate. The probate judge will deal with all of this if an application for an administrator is made here.


Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions