How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend and i live together and i woukd like to get custody

Resolved Question:

My boyfriend and i live together and i woukd like to get custody of his daughter. Her mom said that she doesn't want to take care of her anymore and that she can just live with me. She said that she's willing to sign custody over to me. What are the easiest steps to take in order to get this finalized?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good morning,

Have the mother sign a temporary guardianship document in your favor. Here is a link to a general form:

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,


LawTalk and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions