How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JPEsq. Your Own Question
JPEsq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5106
Experience:  Published articles on family law, featured in several publications for successful trial work.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JPEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Has there ever been a motion or petition brought before a family

This answer was rated:

Has there ever been a motion or petition brought before a family court in Texas for immediate and permanent change of custody of a minor child based on TFC 261.107b.

Yes of course, that is the whole purpose of the code section.


PENALTY. (a) A person commits an offense if, with the intent to
deceive, the person knowingly makes a report as provided in this
chapter that is false. An offense under this subsection is a state
jail felony unless it is shown on the trial of the offense that the
person has previously been convicted under this section, in which
case the offense is a felony of the third degree.
(b) A finding by a court in a suit affecting the
parent-child relationship that a report made under this chapter
before or during the suit was false or lacking factual foundation
may be grounds for the court to modify an order providing for
possession of or access to the child who was the subject of the
report by restricting further access to the child by the person who
made the report."


I know this probably doesnt answer all your questions, but feel free to provide more info and ask follow ups

JPEsq. and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Read my feedback and evaluation and let your conscience be your guide.

Related Family Law Questions