How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband is an heir to his grandmothers estate,along with

Customer Question

my husband is an heir to his grandmothers estate,along with his aunt.Ok the aunt has disposed of everything inside and out of the house.Even the vehicle to which they are both inheiritors to. So my question is is there anything we can do bout her actions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.

Yes, you can file a claim against your aunt for the value of any property she dispossed of. You can demand of the executor a complete accounting of all assets and their dosposition. You may also be able to file criminal charges for theft from the estate depending on what was taken and what she owned.



If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.


This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.