How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my wife and I are are legally seperated. She has since taken

Resolved Question:

my wife and I are are legally seperated. She has since taken a new job out of state. in this process she has taken the 2008 toyota tacoma that i have title to. What are my options ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.

If you are legally separtaed then the titled property is yours. You have a options

1) you can call your wife and ask her to return the vehicle.

2)You can file an action for contempt of court since she has violated the court ordered property settlement ( you will need to get the order enforced in the new state),

3) you can file an action for replevin in the state where you wife went to to get possession back.

4) you can simply go to the state and take the car back ( you should get local law enforcement to assist you).

5) you may aslo be able to report the car stolen ( a little drastic since you have chosen to stay married)



If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.


This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Jack R. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you