How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42202
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a client who wants to get an Order of Proctection Against

Resolved Question:

I have a client who wants to get an Order of Proctection Against his ex-wife's live-in boyfriend because the boyfriend is sleeping in the bed with the ex and the 3 year old son tells client this information. The ex-wife's boyfriend has threatened my client over the course of the past 2 months but more with intimidating actions and not words. The ex-wife often videotapes my client and his eighteen year old daughter whenever one of them arrives to pick up the 3 year old. My question is can my client get an Order of Protection against the ex-wife, her boyfriend, or both? Thanks.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. i see this as being possible against the ex's boyfriend here. The boyfriend here is the only one that I see that has threatened your client. Unless the mother here has joined in then I am afraid this would be limited to him here.

Actions here just as actual threats may be sufficent to grant such an order. Unless the girlfriend has an active role or personal involvement in the threatening actions I am not sure you can connect it to her although I guess you could try.

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
One more question before I pay you. Thw wife filed trumped up charge son my client based on lies of abuse. If the ex wife is exposing the minor son to the boyfrien's sleepovers, would that be justification for an Order of Protection on the Wife and also having child support withheld until we can have a hearing in Court on this issue?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Yes it might or at ;east a tro when the child is on the premises. This is reasoable if a young child is being exposed to inappropriate things. You just need to be a little creative and I think you might well get a temporary order here at least. Good luck
RayAnswers and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you