How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i made a critical mistake on my divorce papers, i already filed

Resolved Question:

i made a critical mistake on my divorce papers, i already filed them, can i change them?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.
Is this the complaint (petition) or an answer ? If it is a complaint has an answer been filed ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
anything yet???
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.

You can file an amended complaint up until your spouse answers the complaint. Just put in the title 1st Amended Complaint, and reserve your spouse. Redo th entire complaint not just thne changed parts.



If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.


This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Jack R. and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you