How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get temporary custody of my grandchild if I believe that

Resolved Question:

Can I get temporary custody of my grandchild if I believe that neither parent is in position to take good care of minor child? Where do I start?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.



it may be possible. you can begin by contacting your local child protection services and explaining why you beleive your grandchild is not in the best environment. they will investigate and then you can file in the courts for a guardianship. it will be very helpful to have the CPS do the investigation to help support your claim against the parents being inept and not in the child's best interest. you, of course, could consult with a local attorney to help you with this matter, too.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I live in California and my grandson lives in Oregon...does this make a difference? Can a California based attorney help or do I have to go to Oregon attorney's?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.



you can begin with the CA child protective services and they can place you in contact with someone in Oregon. you also need to file in the homestate of your grandchildren. so if they live in Oregon for at least 6 months, then you need to file there. if they have recently moved to Oregon then you can file in your county in CA

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. Have a great day!
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.



you're welcome.

Samuel II and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions