How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42247
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, how do I officially file with the county court Please

Resolved Question:

Hi, how do I officially file with the county court? Please be specific.

Is there a charge - if so, how much? Do I need to file in person, or can I fax or mail in my request to the specific court? Based on what I've been told so far, I'm told that I should file a "Notice of Filing" (but without the actual documents) for the discovery documents that I'm sending to my ex's attorney. I think I need to give them 30 days to respond, so am trying to get this out the door asap while I am looking for legal counsel. Thanks in advance!
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You can either mail it in or file in person at the county courthouse here. You need to contact the County Clerk and ask about fees and whether a personal check is accpetable here since you aren't a lawyer. They will tell you how much and who to make out the check to if you are mailing it in. Usually there is not a fee here for Notice of Filing but it never hurts to ask first..
RayAnswers and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you