How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lady Themis Your Own Question
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7751
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, child support, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lady Themis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is regarding child support. I have a 22 year-old

Customer Question

My question is regarding child support.

I have a 22 year-old daughter and I owe back child support. Both my daughter and I believe that it is likely that I am not her biological father. If we were to get tested now and that test showed that I was not her father would that affect the child support?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lady Themis replied 8 years ago.

Yes, that information would entitle you to petition the court to terminate your child support obligation, and you may ask to have your arrearage eliminated. The court, in its discretion, could order the arrearage to be eliminated.




Related Family Law Questions