How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Maryland, my husband has moved his 21 year old son

Resolved Question:

I live in Maryland, my husband has moved his 21 year old son in the house. He is causing problems. What can I do to have him removed from our home?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.
Is you husband living in the home ? Does he want the son gone as well ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, he is living in the home and no he doesnt want him gone.
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.

If your spouse wants him to stay the there is little you can do. Your husband is a co-tenant/owner of the property and can allow a guest to remain. If and when you both decide to ask the boy to leave you will need to evict him. It appears that he has established residency in your home. He is effectively a month to month tenant without a rent obligation.


You could try to encourage him to leave by asking him to pay rent. This mught be more palatable to your husband.


You will need to follow the Maryland eviction process for a periodic tenanacy.


If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Jack R. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you