How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41649
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 3 year old daughter, who was wrongly taken from me

Customer Question

I have a 3 year old daughter, who was wrongly taken from me by Child Welfare. It started when my hip failed while I was holding Lily. I went to the hospital just in case either of us were hurt. I was let go but they found that Lily had a fractured wrist and called Child Welfare. They said that an infant's wrist could not be broken by anything but abuse. They put my daughter into custody. The next day at court, they admitted that they had done wrong because they had found that she had been diagnosed with Rickets, which is what caused her wrist to break. They decided because I had not finished my parenting classes and was living with her dad, so he could not "protect" her, to keep her in custody. Lily's dad requested a case worker that spoke spanish and that case worker told us that we would never get her back while we were dating, so we split. While I was given 1 hr/wk to see Lily, he was given almost immediate custody. I feel as if I was discrimnated against for not being hispanic.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You can file for custody here in the U.S. regardless of wher the child is. For all you know he is lying to you. At any rate he will have to produce the child if you are awarded custody. If no then you file contempt on him here. The court may award you custody here. You are going to need an Oregon lawyer here to file and argue on oyur behalf..

Lawyer referral..

Lawyer Referral Service

LRS clerks refer clients to member attorneys based on location, area of law, and special services offered. The service receives roughly 250 calls per day with one third referred to community organizations, Tel-Law or other resources. Approximately 1,500 private attorneys participate in the LRS program.

When a client calls for a referral they will be asked for their name, phone number, and a brief description of their legal problem. The client will be given the name and phone number of an attorney in the area where they need assistance. If the client is referred to an attorney through the LRS, they will receive their first in-office consultation for $35 or less. Any additional fees must be arranged between client and attorney. The referral service does not set a limit on the fees attorneys charge beyond the initial consultation.

If you are unsure if you need to speak with an attorney, you may still want to call the service. LRS staff can help you focus on the type of assistance you may need, or give you more information on OSB, government, and community service programs that may be able to assist you.

Please note: If you are not in Oregon and cannot meet with a lawyer in person, we cannot guarantee the $35 in-office consultation fee. Fees should be arranged between you and the lawyer.

Lawyer Referral Service
Hours: 8 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 5 pm Monday-Friday
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNor toll-free in Oregon at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Related Family Law Questions