How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42869
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Nashville, TN My daughters boyfriend called the police to

Resolved Question:

Nashville, TN: My daughter's boyfriend called the police to my home, where he and my daughter were living with me. I kicked a cardboard box and he claimed I kicked him.   However, it was really the box I kicked, and it happened to land in his shins. All after he called me an evil woman. I am not.
All this time, her father is shacking up with another woman in Virginia (has been for the last three years) and abandoned me to care for the home, his adult daughter, her pets, and any upkeep of the previous that needs to happen.
My question is...Do I need to appear in court THIS WEDNESDAY, after being subpoenaed for the victim in a case to testify against her for hitting ME with another egg box (large cardboard). That is what the police decided was the crime. A daughter hitting a mother to defend her moocher boyfriend.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I you got a subpoena you should go here. Otherwise you are liable for contempt here. Protect yourself and go to court here. You have been subpoenaed here and you need to comply. Your daughter can't tell you otherwise. So go here and see how it resolves in the matter.

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you