How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42879
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my girlfriend got a divorce back in October 2008; she has 2

This answer was rated:

my girlfriend got a divorce back in October 2008; she has 2 children. There is joint custody, she has physical custody of the children. Her and the kids will be moving in to my house in 3 weeks. We currently are not engaged or married. Someone told her that this is not technically legal to do with the children. Is this correct?
Thanks for your question. You would need to have her check her decree. As long as there is nothing in it that forbids her from living with you here then she would be o.k. sometimes decrees have such restrictions. So tell here to be safe here and review it. Otherwise there is no prohibition against her living with you.I wish you good luck with the relationship.

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you