How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have court ordered child support that is supposed to be paid

Resolved Question:

I have court ordered child support that is supposed to be paid through the clearing house over 5 years ago when my daughter was 4. He never pays. I do not want to file an order to enforce because he may try to enforce existing visitation guidelines that he has never cared to follow, however, may make an issue out of to create problems. My daughter would not want to spend that much time with him. At what age does the court take into consideration the feelings/wants of the child in terms of visitation?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 8 years ago.

Usually once a child is 13 or older the child's wishes are taken into considertion in regard to custody and visitation. If you enforce the support now, he has no counter claim about visitation since he is the one not exersising his rights and you could get his visitation terminated when you get the support enforced since he is not making his scheduled visits.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
is this specific to az or just general info?   If this will cost me again and counts as another question no need to respond- also have questions regarding a clarification about his not exersising his rights and how debatable that would be in court.
Expert:  legaleagle replied 8 years ago.

It is specific to AZ. You only have to click accept once so you are only charged once.


Since he has moved out of state it may be important if he is so far away that he can not make his visits as allowed under the order. It would be your word against his as to if you stopped him from visiting or he decided not to visit on his own.

legaleagle and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions