How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42818
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My divorce degree reads Child Support The Husband agrees

Resolved Question:

My divorce degree reads: Child Support The Husband agrees to pay the Wife the sum of $670.00 per month as and for child support for the minor child. Payments pursuant to this Agreement shall commence on October 1, 1998 upon the Husband vacating the above stated premises. If the Husband vacates the premises prior to October 1, 1998, child support payments shall commence upon his vacating the above stated premises. The payments shall be made as follows:
A. The Husband shall pay the child support directly to the Wife once a month, on the tenth day of each month.
My question is, my child turns 18 on 6/04/2009, Graduates from HS on 6/05/2009 & will be attending college full time beginning 7/27/2009. Does my ex husband have to pay child support for the entire month of June or is it pro-rated for 5 days or does he have to continue to pay while she is a full time student?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question/ He has to pay here for the full month no pro rata.Florida does not require child support beyond high school graduation here. I am sorry but not in your state. Here is reference..


"The age of majority in Florida is 18. (Florida Statutes § 743.07)

Support is automatically terminated at age 18 unless child(ren) is/are declared legally dependent beyond that age due to mental or physical disability; the child is 18 and still in high school and will graduate prior to age 19; or support has otherwise been ordered to continue."

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you