Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

my husband closed our joint checking account, cutting me off,

Customer Question
before any legal action was...
my husband closed our joint checking account, cutting me off, before any legal action was taken in reguards to us getting a divorce. is this legal?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Family Law
5/30/2009
Family Lawyer: Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
No it is not legal beccause in every state there is an obligation for spouses to support. Also there is a presumption that te funds in a joint account belongs to both account holders equally. You will have to either seek funds by filing a divorce action, separation action or file for support to obtain a court order.
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer