How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My exwife is punishing my son by not letting him come over

Resolved Question:

My exwife is punishing my son by not letting him come over to see me on my designated times. She is not letting him come over for the rest of the school year because he forgot to turn in his homework. There is nothing in the divorce decree that I was to be used as punishment. I don't feel this is right what can I do.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.

Are there visitation provision in your divorce decree ?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
In the divorce decree it states that I am suppose to see them thursday through monday morning (one week) and friday to saturday noon (the other week). Little by little she has put exuses as to why she won't let me see them on my times. It has come to the point where I only see them pretty much on her terms now. This has been going on for a year and my son is really unhappy and is stressed out. I need some direction on what steps I can take to resolve this.
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.

You should file a motion for an order to show cause indicating your spouse is refusing to comply with the visitation agreement. You should maintain a log of all thefaile attempts to collect your children for visitation along with the excuses put forth. A judge can then find that the spouse is in contempt and order her to comply. In some instances continued failre to comply has created a change in custody between the spouses.


A judge will let you spuse know it is the judges way or no way .


If you found this answer helpful please press the ACCEPT button.

All comments are provided for informational purposes only. A local attorney should be contacted for specific legal advice.

Jack R. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you