How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hocuspocusme Your Own Question
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 466
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
hocuspocusme is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have waited over 16 months for husband to sign separation agreement

Resolved Question:

Have waited over 16 months for husband to sign separation agreement fairly prepared by my collaborative lawyer. Still refusing to sign. Can I leave the matrimonial home, rent, not pay any bills on the matrimonial home (can't afford both), and start the parenting plan of shared custody (which he has no issues with) and NOT lose my half value of the home? I have spent $8,000.00 in legal fees only to have no resolution. Please advise.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.
If you have not agreed to pay the matrimonial home and bills then you can vacate the home, but remember that if the home goes into foreclosure, both of you are still responsible for the reprocussions associated with that dilemma. You both can still have your share of the community property as well as the debts.
hocuspocusme and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you