How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34735
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Colorado and moving to Florida in one week. I do

Resolved Question:

I live in Colorado and moving to Florida in one week. I do not see my kids at all. Child support is garnishing out more money from check which make hard for me to survive on .I heard that Fl do not garnish is that true? If not true what can I do to either stop child support or pay less . Keep in mind my ex will not let me see my kids nor talk to them.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist, but sorry to bear bad news...Florida law allows to garnish accounts for valid debts. If you have an order from CO court it can be enforced in FL. May take a few weeks to set up the process, but in the end, it is possible.

Your ex not allowing you access is a separate issue from support. If she is not complying with the custody order you can take her to court to enforce, but you can not withhold support payments...the court will not allow that

again, sorry to bear bad news

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

P. Simmons and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you