How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter receives child support from her father. The payments

Resolved Question:

My daughter receives child support from her father. The payments are taken directly from his pay each pay period, and then are to be sent to the agency that handles the payments then I receive the payments, the problem is that the company that her father works for takes the money out of his pay and does not send the money in to the agency. I have contacted to BBB and the child support agency has tried to contact the employer many times and the comapny does not respond or send the payments in, they keep the money. The father has contacted the human resources office through e-mail as have I and the company still does not send the payments in, they are 5 payments behind, what do I do, is this unlawful behavior?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.

Yes, this is illegal. You should contact your state's attorney general's office and report this as well as the state consumer protection agency.

Please let me know if you need additional information.


Best regards,




Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited for my time when I have answered your question. I am available to answer follow-up questions or to clarify this answer. Thank You.

Tina and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you