How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Law Answers Your Own Question
Family Law Answers
Family Law Answers, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1267
Experience:  more than 16 years experience as an attorney - current family law litigation + mediation practice
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Family Law Answers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I am divorced. I have been living with my boyfriend

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am divorced. I have been living with my boyfriend for 9 months and he is married.He and his wife are now getting a divorce. I want to know what are the laws in Missouri, concerning adultery? What should I exspect?

Hi and thanks for your question.


Adultery is no longer illegal in Missouri and the Missouri courts no longer recognize tort claims that could have possibly previously been brought against you by his soon to be ex, called "alienation of affection" or "criminal conversation." You should not have to worry about being sued by his soon to be ex.


I hope that this answers your question; if so, please click the green Accept button. Thanks very much and I wish you the best here.

Family Law Answers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you