How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9389
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in washington state. My daughter lives in Arizona. Support

Resolved Question:

I live in washington state. My daughter lives in Arizona. Support order originated in my state. She will be 18 in a month. Still attending school. I just gave her a $15000.00 car. Can I stop paying support at 18?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago.
It depends on the language of the child support order but if not otherwise specified in the order, child support orders end when the child turns 18, or 19 if still in high school.


Termination of support at 18 or to graduation if before 19; court may order post-secondary support

Wash. Rev. Code § 26.19.090 provides that the court may, in its discretion and according to enumerated factors, award college support.

N Cal Attorney and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you