How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-husband had 2008 income of $342,000. I had 2008 income

Customer Question

My ex-husband had 2008 income of $342,000. I had 2008 income of $41,000. We live in CA. He is claiming "hardship" and asking for alimony reduction. We have only been divorced two months. Reasonably, what should I expect to receive. No children. We still share a house. The mortgage is approx $75,000 per year.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.
He is offering basically to pay the mortgage. How long were you two married?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

We were married 20 years and 2 months before separating. Both our incomes have gone down as a result of the recession.


His from a high of $600K, mine from a high of $110K

Customer: replied 8 years ago.