How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in California. Was divorced in Georgia. Kid live with

Resolved Question:

I live in California. Was divorced in Georgia. Kid live with mom in Georgia. Divorce papers say I shall have them when they are on vacation from school. At this time I only have them in the summer and only for 1 month, due to son continually failing school. Mom is on unemployment and can't seem to find the time to do homework. I want to have custody of him he is 13 years old. What are my rights?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.

You can file for a modification of custody. You need do this in Georgia, The child can state a preference of where he wants to be . While not sufficient by itself a judge will considre the child's desire. You can also ask for greater visitation.


If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.


This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.


Jack R. and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you