How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41553
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you find your ex spouse to be an infidel, can you retry

Resolved Question:

If you find your ex spouse to be an infidel, can you retry a divorce?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. No once you are divorced then you are done here. You may look at the person that was involved with the ex and consider a suit for intentional infliction of emotional distress here.

Intentional infliction of emotional distress may be possible here as well.

To bring a successful IIED claim, the party suing must prove four elements:

  • Conduct that is intentional or reckless
  • Conduct that is extreme and outrageous
  • The wrongful conduct caused the emotional distress
  • Severe emotional distress

You will need a lawyer here to send demand letter and file suit. They have allowed such claims in excess of $500,000 in certain cases so please check into this and pursue it.
RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you