RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

If opposing council has requested an ex parte hearing to ask

If opposing council has requested an ex parte hearing to ask for an extention on page limits and the normal time to respond to my moiton made to the courts. and my response to thier motion for contempt. Is there any way I can also file an exparte hearing that same day to argue that they do not need more time nor need to exceed the page limitand time limit to argue thier side? my motion is asking the courts to help us find a mediator as the courts ordered and thiers is a contempt stating failure to comply with a anti harrassment temp order. if I cant should I do anything to repsond or affect thier request to the court. I want to have it heard without further delay as they are asking.
Thanks for your question. you can ask here sure for our own ex parte on your issues here.You may also file a written response here to make sure the court understands your opposition to the matters.

To me you are acting reasonably here. Just make sure you keep your cool in court here and refrain profanity. I think you wil be fine. You must be killing the ex here with legal bills as you are doing pretty well here it seems.Good luck in all of this..

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

thank you. I just need a little more detail...HOW do i respond? the exparte hearing is set for May 5th. Do I ask for my own exparte hearing on the same docket or do I just submit a written response to the courts of why I oppose and if so is that a motion what forms do I use???

You can do both or just respond to thier motion. This depends on whether you just want to contest theirs or also ask for your own. You can do one or both. This is your call here and really both are reasonable options. Definitely respond to theirs and consider your own if you think it is appropriate and it may well be here..Keep after them here and good luck..

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
THANK YOU! Ok, just a little help with the forms...an ex parte motion form asking for clerks action, I assume, and reason why on that form. But one detail that is bugging me since an exparte is filed without having to inform the other party why did he fax me his filing of the ex parte motion?
Usually local rules require a copy of any motion or pleading be served on other party to comply with local rules..

Local rules are gotch things hionestly designed to mess with non lawyers..

Read them, know them. live them..

http://www.courts.wa.gov/court_rules/?fa=court_rules.list&group=superior&set=supspo

Local rules are gotch things honestly designed to mess with non lawyers..

Read them, know them. live them..

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
just some technical follow up here... what forms and if I do this by monday 4th is that too late as the ex parte hearing is as of the 5th tuesday
You may have to hand draft your response here. If you want ex parte I would try and follow his for the most part and plug in your part for yours. As far as the repsonse just title it response to ......... and then go paragraph bu paragraph and state that you deny paragraph I and demand strict proof thereof and then on for each one here. And then state other information if you want tp refute sepcific items in each paragraph. This way you cover everyhing here. Good luck in all of this.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you... most helpful!!!Laughing
You're welcome and thanks for letting me help you..Ray