How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex voluntarily quit his job, so the child support I was

Resolved Question:

My ex voluntarily quit his job, so the child support I was receiving by wage garnishment ceased. Are there other means of getting paid, such as garnishing his new wife's paycheck or his bank account directly?
Tanya Temecula, CA
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
You can only garnish the pay, attach accounts or file judgments against the biological parent, not the new spouse. If he has a bank account you will need to file an enforcement petition in court. You can get for form from the family court and file seeking that he either pay the arrears or you obtain a money judgment from the judge. You can then use the money judgment to attach his bank account, tax refunds or other assets.
Daniel Solutions and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you