How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a grandmother of 2 grandchildren who reside in Texas with

This answer was rated:

I am a grandmother of 2 grandchildren who reside in Texas with their parents...the father is my son and for the past 3 years has nothing to do with me and I have no contact with my grandchildren..What rights do I have being in another state (Pennsylvania) and they being in (Texas). I would love to be able to communicate with them etc. do I have any rights?
You would have to sue for grandparent visitation rights in Texas but it is very difficult to win such a case when the parents are married and are not found unfit and you have no relationship or bond with the children to protect to get a court to force your son to allow you to visit.
legaleagle and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your help and I am sure in a pickle I see with this situation...makes you wonder sometimes how lives end up...again thanks for your help.