How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hocuspocusme Your Own Question
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 466
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
hocuspocusme is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 2 children, my ex lives in TX and I live in WA. She

Resolved Question:

I have 2 children, my ex lives in TX and I live in WA. She does not comply with the visitation schedule, I have seen them 3 times in 9 years. I make less money now than I did at the time of the divorce and feel I should have to pay less for the above mentioned reasons. In the divorce it is stated that I am 100% resonsible for ALL of the childrens financial needs; child supprt, medical insurance, braces, glasses....the list grows and grows. She has never worked a day in her life and lives with her parents! What can I do to get this lowered and make her financially responsible for them as well. HELP! I am remarried and this is really affecting our family.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.
I do hope that every payment you have made to her can be traced and you did not pay her cash. It is alright that you have paid it to her as long as you keep in contact with the Attorney General to show them that you have paid directly to her at 'her' request.

The new child support will be calculated on your wages from your last two years of W-2's and current pay stubs plus (if she does not work) they will allocate her a salary of at least minimum wage.

You can also file a MOTION FOR CONTEMPT OF COURT on her for alienation of your visitation rights and in that same motion ask for more visitation rights.
hocuspocusme and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes all records have been kept except for the first 2 years we were divorced. She is claiming I never sent her a penny, I did, but have no recipts. Can they go back that far and make me pay her? Also, she keeps saying that since she went out and received medicaid that I will have to pay the state back for that as well? I have furnished insurance for them, but since they are out of state the coverage wasn't much AND the insurance co. wasn't too her "liking". Do I even stand a chance?

Related Family Law Questions