How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42172
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can father prevent mother from taking daughter, age 8 to Florida

Resolved Question:

Mother with history of alcohol abuse. Live in boyfriend. Father established with employment. Mother not employed. Both mother and father have lived in Tennessee for over a year. Divorce in Florida over 4 years ago. Child has stated prefers to stay with father and not move to Florida. Joint custody from Florida with mother having primary residence.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You have good facts to return to Florida to motion to modify here. You can certainly do so. The child's desires are important here and will be considered no doubt. You may need a Florida lawyer here because of distance and mom to deal with.

To me the child's desires and her best interests mean that you get custody by asking for it here and having a hearing..

Cheap legitimate lawyer referral through the Florida bar..

The Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service provides referrals to private attorneys in Dade and 46 other counties in Florida, in all areas of the law. Their toll free number is:


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is Florida ruling valid in Tennessee after residence change? He was told is not valid. Both parents are in Tennessee at this time. How does he go about initiating change/request for custody in Tennessee with time limitations? He has limited resources post divorce and establishment of new jobs and residence.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
If the divorce was in Florida they have coniuing jurisdiction to hear this. Even though the parties have moved the state still has jurisdiction. Here are forms..

There are forms here and self help centers to help you..

RayAnswers and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you