How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41069
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-wife filed for modification of child support after finding

Resolved Question:

My ex-wife filed for modification of child support after finding out that I remarried and I showed up somewhat (I have tried calling, emailing and she would never answer the phone or return my messages) unannounced at her house to see my daughter after she has denied me seeing her for two years. It was after that, I got a motion to modify child support before the required time, which tells me she had to file for this motion. I was informed that all information had to be coolected and resolved within 3 months of filing.I sent tax return and copies of my pay stubs. I then received another letter almost 3 months later requestingvthis years tax returns and pay stubs (the letter was predated a month before but I did not receive it till a month ater it was dated). I just received notice of hearing stating that I had to request to attend the hearing unless I was greater than 200 miles away. Is this legal?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You can oppose here and file your repsonse to her request to move. You need to do this timely here. You can do it by letter to the judge but you must get it there on time.She can ask for a raise here but you can oppose. And you definitely want to go to the hearing, otherwise they will default you in this matter.

If you have one child and she has the other here I am not at all sure why you have to pay her support for the child. I would argue this in your answer here to her motion to modify. Answering everything here puts in in dispute and avoids a default in the matter. Good luck here in resolving all of it.

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you