Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My wife asked me to move out of the house 3 weeks ago. She

Customer Question
My wife asked me to...
My wife asked me to move out of the house 3 weeks ago. She has contacted a lawyer and is starting divorce procedings. My question to you is, this marrage of four years has not be consumated. She has some personal issues with sex and only told me this after our engagement. Would it be better to get an anullment?   Pretend this whole thing just didnt happen?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Family Law
4/14/2009
Family Lawyer: hocuspocusme, USA Legal replied 8 years ago
hocuspocusme
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
You have legal rights to an anullment based on what you have provided.
It is advantageous to have an anullment because you do not have the stereotype of a divorce attached to you providing she will agree that the marriage was never consumated. If she does not agree it will be your word against hers.

Legally, you will not save any money on temporary alimony if the marriage did not exist because of the longevity of the marriage.

The annullment will save time though, for it will be ordered immediately.
hocuspocusme
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
hocuspocusme
hocuspocusme
hocuspocusme, USA Legal