How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hocuspocusme Your Own Question
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 466
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
hocuspocusme is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife asked me to move out of the house 3 weeks ago. She

Resolved Question:

My wife asked me to move out of the house 3 weeks ago. She has contacted a lawyer and is starting divorce procedings. My question to you is, this marrage of four years has not be consumated. She has some personal issues with sex and only told me this after our engagement. Would it be better to get an anullment?   Pretend this whole thing just didnt happen?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.
You have legal rights to an anullment based on what you have provided.
It is advantageous to have an anullment because you do not have the stereotype of a divorce attached to you providing she will agree that the marriage was never consumated. If she does not agree it will be your word against hers.

Legally, you will not save any money on temporary alimony if the marriage did not exist because of the longevity of the marriage.

The annullment will save time though, for it will be ordered immediately.
hocuspocusme and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions