How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I reside in Louisiana and divorced in 2005.

This answer was rated:

My husband and I reside in Louisiana and divorced in 2005. We were married for 24 years. He has since remarried. I am entitled to 1/2 of his retirement at the time we divorced. Is the portion of his retirement based on what it was worth at the time of our divorce, or todays market value?

You may have been entitled to it at the time you divorced but you would have had to asked the court to award it to you. You cannot now go back and ask for it. You need to contact the court and get a copy of the order and see exactly what it says, if anything, about his retirement. If it does not say anything, then you are not entitled to anything.



If I have answered your question, an accept and positive feedback is appreciated. Thanks!!!

lwpat and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions