Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I have received Veterans Affairs money for on the job training.

I have received Veteran's Affairs money for on the job training. My wife and I have been seperated for a year. We have a child together who I pay child support for. We have not yet filed papers for a divorce. Is she entitled to any of this money.
She is entiled to a share of any income considered wages, including this money since it was given to act as your wages for the training period.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your insight, however this money is in addition to my wages and works similar to a GI Bill for college. Does that make any difference -Sorry question mark doesn't work.

If these benefits do not go directly to you, but to the employer, then she would not be entitled, just like GI bill money that is paid to you for tuition and expenses. Generally the only veterans benefits not subject to marital division are disability benefits, but if this is an education benefit that gets paid to the employer then she would not be entitled to it.