LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

My daughter and her boy-friend are trying to get coustdy of

Customer Question

My daughter and her boy-friend are trying to get coustdy of thier 9 month daughtr back. My daughter got a job today,and is going to see a lawyer on Monday. they live with me and are trying to make a stable home for thier daughter to come to. The otyher grandmother has temp-coustdy of thier child. Can you tell me what the courts looks at as for as unfit,and other things goes as far as regaing coustdy of the child back?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm so sorry to hear of your daughter's dilemma.

Can you tell me why it is that the other grandparent has custody of the child at this point?

Did a court, or child services order this custody arrangement?

I’ll put forth my best effort in assisting you. When you are able to respond to my request for clarification of your situation, I’ll be able to assist you. In the meantime I would ask that you please stay on-line, just in case I need additional clarification from you regarding the factual circumstances relating to your question. Thank you for allowing me to help.

Regards,

Doug
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
MY granddaughter was born 6-26-08. After she was brought home from the hospital the other grandmother & her girl-friend of 14 yrs,took over and would'nt let my daughter be the mommy.So i involved DSS and during that time the other grandmother talked my daughter&her boy-friend into siging coustdy of the child to her.Now she wont let them see thier baby.Please tell me what i can do to help them.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good morning,

Your daughter need to file a petition with the court seeking custody of her child back.

She will likely need an attorney to assist her in this pursuit as well.

I wish you all the best.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,

Doug