How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37833
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter and her boy-friend are trying to get coustdy of

Customer Question

My daughter and her boy-friend are trying to get coustdy of thier 9 month daughtr back. My daughter got a job today,and is going to see a lawyer on Monday. they live with me and are trying to make a stable home for thier daughter to come to. The otyher grandmother has temp-coustdy of thier child. Can you tell me what the courts looks at as for as unfit,and other things goes as far as regaing coustdy of the child back?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm so sorry to hear of your daughter's dilemma.

Can you tell me why it is that the other grandparent has custody of the child at this point?

Did a court, or child services order this custody arrangement?

I’ll put forth my best effort in assisting you. When you are able to respond to my request for clarification of your situation, I’ll be able to assist you. In the meantime I would ask that you please stay on-line, just in case I need additional clarification from you regarding the factual circumstances relating to your question. Thank you for allowing me to help.


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
MY granddaughter was born 6-26-08. After she was brought home from the hospital the other grandmother & her girl-friend of 14 yrs,took over and would'nt let my daughter be the mommy.So i involved DSS and during that time the other grandmother talked my daughter&her boy-friend into siging coustdy of the child to her.Now she wont let them see thier baby.Please tell me what i can do to help them.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good morning,

Your daughter need to file a petition with the court seeking custody of her child back.

She will likely need an attorney to assist her in this pursuit as well.

I wish you all the best.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,


Related Family Law Questions