How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118076
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

whats the best way to procede against a warrant for child

Resolved Question:

what's the best way to procede against a warrant for child support that is wrong because children are over age and married or in the military, the state child support has refused to change the status of from child support to the ordered alimony. Been umemployed and fell behind, along with the suspension of my driver's license. State involved is New Jersey, Salem County.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
You will need an attorney to proceed, especially with the NJ courts which do not like to deal with pro se litigants. You will need to put together all of your payment history, the court order of support and the evidence of the status of the children to present to the court. This will work to terminate future support, but any past support you will have to litigate back to when each child became inelligible for support under the court order. The child support division is a big machine and generally does not work well absent a direct court order to them. Any back support that you actually owe will have to be paid and the attorney will force them to give you an itemized statement of arrears to show what they have collected and what is still owed.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you