How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117407
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

family law

Resolved Question:

I am going to be separated with my wife.
We have about 80,000 balance in credit card.
She refused to sign any separation agreement.
And refused to tell me how to pay her share of the debit that were incurred while marriage.
How can I get the money from her specially if she claim she doesn't have money.
She bought a car and rent a new house bought a new furniture and plan to go as a single mother.
I am not working now and on employment insurance that will be ended soon
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately, if she will not settle the matter through an agreement with you, then you will need to go to court to get the court to settle the debt and order her to pay and then you can seek attachment/seizure of her property and bank accounts and even wages to pay her share of the debts. Other than this, I am afraid she does not have to agree to anything.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you
I wonder if this applicable in Ontario Canada too?
Thank you
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
Yes, the court will divide the debts and assets in an equitable manner and issue orders to each party to pay their share and can issue garnishments and seizure orders.
Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you