How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31737
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i lost my parental rights. my parents have adopted my two boys.

Customer Question

i lost my parental rights. my parents have adopted my two boys. now that the adoption is final and the state is out of our hair how do i go about leagaly getting them back? what are my rights?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

In rare cases, it is possible a court will "set aside" (reverse) an adoption that has already been finalized. This will "reactivate" the original birth certificate, which was previously

sealed and replaced as a result of the adoption.


In order to do this, you would have to prove some sort of fraud on the court or coersion. This is very difficult to prove, and rarely occurs.


The only real chance you have is if all interested parties consent to the reversal.

Related Family Law Questions