How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help finding a low cost lawyer in Okaloosa county Florida.

Customer Question

I need help finding a low cost lawyer in Okaloosa county Florida. I need them to fill out custody modification forms for me urgently...can anyone help?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.


  1. I am a licensed attorney, and I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information.
  2. If you meet the eligibility criteria, Florida Legal Services, Inc. offers some limited pro bono services entirely free of charge. Truthfully, however, many cases will not qualified for free legal assistance.
  3. The next cheapest option is to utilize the Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service at 1-800-342-8011, which provides referrals to attorneys who will conduct an initial one-half hour office consultation for $25. Fees for services thereafter are negotiated between lawyer and client.
  4. There is one remaining option, and that is to file the forms pro se and represent yourself if you feel comfortable doing so. The Florida Court System has promulgated free, standardized Family Forms and also provides Family Law Self-Help Centers for each judicial circuit.


I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.


If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.


The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

Related Family Law Questions