How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hocuspocusme Your Own Question
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 466
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
hocuspocusme is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I file a QDRO form with the courts, when the relationship

Resolved Question:

How do I file a QDRO form with the courts, when the relationship was a non-martial relationship, but the parties entered into a contractual agreement to split the 401K. Note the QDRO has been completely filled out and approved by the 401K administrator.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.
You will simply take the QDRO forms along with the contractual agreement to split the 401K and prepare a "Motion to Execute QDRO". This will be done in the jurisdiction that you and the man last resided and the motion will be filed with filing fees.

If you are not comfortable doing the petition yourself, get a family law attorney.

hocuspocusme and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you