How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42209
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters friend is 17 and lives in Missouri and we live

Customer Question

My daughter's friend is 17 and lives in Missouri and we live in Florida. Her parents have given their permission for her to move to Florida to live with us. What papers need to be filed in Missouri and Florida?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You would need to file for custody here in Missouri here, The courts ther woudl have jurisdiction. you will have to cite the parent here. You are going to need to obtain a lawyer in this matter.

The mother here can only consent to the change. A judge upon a petition here will have to grant a change legally in the custody of the child. There is more to this than you think here, it requires some time and money.

Here is real legitimate lawyer referral for Missouri..