How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hocuspocusme Your Own Question
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 466
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
hocuspocusme is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a sister who continue to harss me, I number of time

Resolved Question:

I have a sister who continue to harss me, I number of time have call the police on me. She has also call hotel security at hotel where I stay. I have not talk or see her in Six year, She belongs to church, which so day, and I believe is cult, I do not what to be harssed, What is my Legal recourse ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.
Your legal recouse is to keep record of the harassment and file an injunction on her.

To have a case you only need to instances of harassment :

You need to bring in proof of the harassment such as text messages, emails or dates of the phone calls to the police and file a report and file a motion for an injunction against her.

After you get this injunction, if she harasses you again, she will be arrested.

Ask for power of attorney with the order so that if she comes to your hotel she will be arrested if you call the police for breach of harassment.
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.
I do apologise, I meant 'power of arrest', not power of attorney in the last sentence.
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.
You only need (2) separate situations to have a legal definition of harassment or (1) threat.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What type of Lawyer should I go see to an injunction
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.
You can go to the courthouse and ask them for the forms to file an injunction. Alot of times they provide them free of charge for injunctions because it is domestic violence. Call your courthouse tomorrow to see if they provide this service. If not look on the internet and see if they are available online. I am trying to save you money. My parish provides it for free. Not all do, though.

At the last resort, call either a family law attorney or a criminal law attorney.
hocuspocusme and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions