How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lady Themis Your Own Question
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7751
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, child support, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lady Themis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the maximum and the minimum a father has to pay his

Customer Question

What is the maximum and the minimum a father has to pay his ex-wife for the support of his two sons. One 16 and one 12. All are located in Tulare, County, California.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lady Themis replied 8 years ago.

There is no maximum or minimum amount. Child support is calculated based on both your income and your ex-wife's income. The numbers are inputed into the state's child support guidelines, and a presumptive amount is provided.